Get A Better, Closer Look at Your Chimney’s Interior With A Video Scan
Here at TN Chimney & Home, we know how hard it is to know whether or not your chimney is operating as safely and as efficiently as possible or if problems are lurking inside the flue. Without getting a good look inside, it’s largely guesswork. If you’re wanting a little more peace of mind or struggling to figure out why your system isn’t performing at peak levels, consider having a video scan performed.
During a video scan, we send a camera down into or up into your chimney flue, capturing images and documentation of any concerns or problem areas. These are some of the things video scans can help us identify:
- Cracks or holes in the flue liner
- Debris or nesting material left behind by animal intruders
- Nesting, trapped, or dead animals or birds
- Moisture damage or leaks
- Creosote (a flammable and corrosive byproduct of combustion) buildup
- Flue restrictions or obstructions
Using this video scanning technology allows us to get an up-close-and-personal look, without any demo work or deconstruction. With a video scan, we’re able to get to the bottom of any problems quickly, so you can get back to enjoying your fireplace or stove faster.
When Are Video Scans A Good Idea?
Video scans are well worth having if:
- you think you may have animals or birds living in your chimney
- you haven’t used your chimney in a long time
- you’re buying or selling your home
- you’ve had any severe storms or possible weather damage
- you’ve had a chimney fire
- you’ve noticed a change in system performance
At the end of the video scan, you’ll receive a report of our findings and our recommendations for repairs or cleaning (if needed), as well as photos that show the areas in question. Having this information can not only be great for your peace of mind, but it can also help with insurance claims and real estate negotiations. After all, it’s better to know if any major repairs are needed before you buy, isn’t it?
If you’d like to schedule a video scan or if you have any questions about the process, please feel free to reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable team at 865-258-3473 or fill out our online appointment request form. we’re here to help, wherever you are in the greater Knoxville area!